Choosing the right Net Promoter Score® survey platform assumes answering the next questions:
- Which NPS® product can manage my customer base size?
- Which software can help me communicate with my customers through a simple and clear interface?
- Can I sync my customer data to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics or any other services?
- Can I customize the NPS survey and give it my company’s branding style?
- Which NPS software is reliable and trustworthy?
These are only few questions you need to consider when choosing the right NPS product to support your goals. Here is the guide on NPS software tools and tips to select a right one for your business.
What is an NPS Tool?
Before choosing an NPS product, you need to understand what it is, and what it does. At the most basic level, an NPS tool is a web application which allows you to manage and survey your customers using NPS as the metric.
These days NPS products are used mostly for managing Net Promoter Score surveys, but as companies seek more insights beyond basic NPS metrics, these platforms are evolving. By implementation of more metrics, and more features, these simple tools have developed into complex Customer Success platforms.
Basic features of the most NPS survey products:
- Sending surveys to customers via email;
- Integration with online services for more flexibility;
- Importing CVS with customers records.
NPS tools come as a standalone software package, or as a module of another application. For example, Retently, an NPS survey service is only available as a standalone product, while such companies as HotJar or Typeform, provide NPS services as an add-on to their basic product. Standalone web applications like Retently are easy to use, because they have a simple and clear interface. Besides this, they have many advanced features that help to gather, analyze and act on the received customer feedback, while bolt-on modules provide basic NPS functionality as part of another product, with fewer functions and features.
How much does an NPS survey tool cost?
As Net Promoter Score has become a key metric in assessing customer satisfaction, new NPS products are being launched on a regular basis. Back in 2004 only 4 companies were offering NPS services; today there are over 80+ to choose from. What is the price for an NPS survey software?
We have broken down pricing by feature below:
The pricing depends mostly on the features included. If you are a small company with a small CSV list of customers and you’re only interested in measuring your NPS Score, then you should expect to pay between $10 and $20 per month.
But if you use Salesforce, and you want to customize the survey, open-ended questions and create NPS campaign workflows based on customer segments or product type, then it will cost you between $45 and $100 per month.
Why do you need an NPS survey software?
An NPS product helps you automate various customer engagement tasks. It transforms raw data into insights and gives you the possibility to focus on retaining customers.
Right NPS software helps to:
- Automate customer satisfaction and customer experience surveys
- Engage with customer feedback directly from the same service
- Keep track of all past and future survey results
- Reduce time spent on collecting customer feedback
- Create two way integrations with your CRM systems
- Automatically categorize and segment all customer feedback
- Create different scenarios based on customer feedback
- Automatically scan responses and split them into theme buckets
- Publish customer feedback on popular review platforms
- Create personalized email templates based on different customer segments.
Trying to carry out these tasks manually takes a lot of time and will be extremely expensive, stealing resources from activities that will improve your customers’ experiences.
NPS software features
Key thing to consider when choosing an NPS tool for your company is its features. Each company has its own needs. Some need a simple regular email NPS campaign, while others need a product that provides transactional NPS, supports various surveying channels and allows 3rd party or API integrations with other services. Check out a full list of features to look for in a professional NPS software :
- Survey via In-App: Survey your customers directly inside your website or application.
- Survey via Email: Get customer feedback by sending a customized email survey.
- Survey via text messages (SMS): Reach your customers instantly by sending an NPS survey by SMS to mobile devices.
- Mobile app SDK: Trigger NPS surveys in mobile applications.
- Survey Customization: Fully customize the look and content of the survey.
- Survey Templates: Ready-to-use survey templates for various scenarios and workflows.
- Personalized Open-Ended Questions: Get an insightful feedback after sending a survey.
- Personalized Thank You Page: Show your customers a customized thank you message after they submit their response.
- 3rd Party / API: Retrieve and push customer data from 3rd party services and build custom integrations, workflows and scenarios using API.
- NPS Widget: Display your Net Promoter Score on your website or application.
- Conversations: Establish communication with customers through internal messaging system to close feedback loop.
- Analytics: Highly intuitive visual reports and insights presented in an easy to understand manner.
- Multi-Users: Share access to customers feedback with your team
- Notifications: Receive notifications on your customer’s NPS feedback and customer events.
- Segmentation: Segment your customers based on your choice of filters and demographics criteria.
- Response Segmentation: Customer feedback segmentation.
- Zapier Integration: Get access to more than 750 + different services and applications, as well as the possibility to create thousands of automation scenarios.
- Enterprise Integrations: Access and push customer data in advanced enterprise softwares such as: Marketo, Salesforce, Pardot, Eloqua, Dynamics 360, Segment and more
- Campaigns: Create complex NPS campaigns using filters, segmentation, triggers, and custom events.
- Trends: Track the evolution of your Net Promoter Score over time and compare it with your competition.
- Rules: Build complex NPS rules, from survey scheduling and survey auto response, to automated feedback engagement using email or any other marketing channel.
Benefits of using an NPS product
NPS is much more than a number to track. There are numerous benefits that come from that simple metric:
- Save Time: If your company has over 1000+ customers then the manual process of collecting feedback and managing it becomes quite difficult to manage. NPS software is built to ease this process by automation of sending surveys and receiving responses which reduces significantly time spent on this complex and time-consuming process
- Reduce Survey Score Errors: When NPS surveys are managed manually there exists a great probability of mistakes. An NPS service eliminates the probability of mistakes or errors, and gives your company real data on customers satisfaction with your product.
- Automate Feedback process: Sending manually 1000+ emails to your customers to get feedback takes a lot of time and energy. NPS software is made to collect and process the feedback fast and easy.
- Reduce Data Errors using Apps Integrations: Modern companies use a range of applications to manage every aspect of their business. Exporting and managing data requires attention to details to ensure nothing is omitted. That is why many companies choose to use an NPS product which integrates directly with their business applications, reducing time on managing NPS data and reducing the incidence of data errors.
- Create nice responsive NPS templates: NPS survey tools provide a bunch of functions to design survey templates. A top quality NPS software allows to fully customize text style, upload an image and even customize response buttons.
- Reduce churn rate faster: It’s much cheaper to retain customers than to acquire new ones, so it’s important to detect churn rate quickly so you can take appropriate actions to stop it. By using an NPS service, you can create thresholds and triggers to alert you automatically to any change in churn rate.
- Find Detractors and engage them instantly: It takes time to find a dissatisfied customer in real life, but using Net Promoter Score helps to detect unhappy customers in short period of time.. With instant access to customer feedback insights, your company can detect Detractors and turn them into Promoters.
Choosing the Right NPS software
Now that you know all the benefits of a professional NPS software it becomes easier for you to select the one that fits your business needs best.It would be a great idea to create a list of your business needs and goals before searching for a NPS company that can satisfy your requirements.
Consider next questions when choosing an NPS software company:
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they provide multichannel survey collection such as SMS, Email, In-app?
- How easy will it be to integrate a third party application with their NPS software ?
- Does the company have a fully documented API?
- Are there any limits on API use per second/day/month?
- Are there any limits on sending emails, or receiving too many responses?
- Do they provide any additional customer success metrics to complement NPS?
- Does the software provide a historical overview of my NPS progresses?
Retently can answer all these questions and more. So if you are looking for an NPS survey service that offers integration with other crucial business products, enterprise apps integration, fully customized surveys, support for multiple NPS survey channels, campaigns, notifications, and custom development, schedule a demo with our sales team.